- Facility Name
- Dover City Jail
- Facility Type
- City Jail
- 150 William Penn Street PO Box 1401, Dover, DE, 19901
- Postal Code
- Kent County
- Official Website
- Sunday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Monday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Tuesday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Wednesday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Thursday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Friday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Saturday 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Holiday Closed
Did you get a call from Dover City Jail, and aren’t sure what to do next? Those that are arrested within Dover city limits will be booked into the Dover City Jail located at 150 William Penn Street
PO Box 1401, Dover, DE, 19901.
The Dover City Jail is designed to reduce anxiety levels for those who have been arrested. The process proceeds as following:
- Offender is properly identified
- Paperwork is submitted complete and accurate
- Offender’s personal property is properly recorded.
- Offender is seen by a medical staff for a health screen.
- Fingerprint process is completed
- Offenders are booked and remain in custody until court, bail, bond, release, or sentencing.
Once you get that devastating phone call, you will want to do an inmate search to ensure the offender has in fact been booked in the Dover City Jail. You will want to write down the inmate’s ID # as, facility location, and their pending bail amount.
To do an inmate search online, click here. You can search using the inmate’s first and last name or their ID#. To get information about the offender, simply click on their name.
Bail and Bond
Most offenders who are arrested will have the opportunity to be bailed out of jail. Keep in mind that it may take up to 24-hours for the bond amount to be set as the courts must weigh the offense and how many times a person has been arrested with the amount of the bond.
Bail can be posted at any time, seven days a week at 150 William Penn Street
PO Box 1401, Dover, DE, 19901, or online. You must post cash in the exact amount for bail.
If you are unable to pay the full bail amount in cash, you can consult with a bondsman. A bondsman will pay the bail on your behalf with only a portion of it up front.
For inmates that will be staying in the jail for their sentence or a longer period of time, they will need to have a prepaid phone account set up. This prepaid account allows inmates to make calls to any number.
To set up a prepaid account, you can call 302-744-4380.
Sending mail to an inmate is still one of the best forms of communication. Inmates can both send and receive correspondence. Keep in mind they will not be allowed to receive packages. To send mail to an inmate, use the following example:
Inmate Name: John Doe
Facility: Dover City Jail
Address: 150 William Penn Street
PO Box 1401, Dover, DE, 19901
City, State, Zip Code: Dover
Inmates who are spending a longer duration of time will occasionally need things from commissary such as writing supplies, hygiene products, and clothing items. To get these items, an inmate will need to have money on their account. You can place money on an inmate’s account in the following three ways:
- Online: Access Corrections
- By Phone: Call 866-345-1884
- At a Kiosk: Kiosks are located inside the Dover City Jail’s visiting area.
To obtain any other information about inmates being housed within the Dover City Jail, call 302-744-4380.