Terry County Jail, TX Inmate Roster
- Sunday 7:30 Am to 2:30 PM
- Monday 7:30 AM to 9:00 PM
- Tuesday 7:30 AM to 9:00 PM
- Wednesday 7:30 AM to 9:00 PM
- Thursday 7:30 AM to 9:00 PM
- Friday 7:30 AM to 9:00 PM
- Saturday 7:30 Am to 2:30 PM
- Holiday Closed
Terry County Jail Basic Information
- Facility Name
- Terry County Jail
- Facility Type
- County Jail
- 1311 Tahoka Road PO Box 1106, Brownfield, TX, 79316-1106
- Postal Code
- Terry County
- Official Website
Nationwide Inmate Records Online Check
Jail records, court & arrest records, mugshots and even judicial reports.
Terry County Sheriffs Department / Terry County Jail
- Larry D. Gilbreath
- 1311 Tahoka Road, Brownfield, Texas, 79316
The Terry County jail is a detention center in Northern Texas. It is connected to the Terry County Sheriff’s Department. Individuals looking for data on detainees can access the Terry County roster on the Terry County Sheriff’s Department website.
Currently, the jail’s roster has 95 inmates. The jail houses both male and female inmates, and has dress code policies for visitors. The jail services Terry County and the surrounding area, holding detainees for a number of charges. A few charges from the jail’s roster are: parole violation, criminal child negligence, and unauthorized use of a vehicle.
Terry county jail is a medium-security prison whose job is to house pretrial individuals. The typical inmate will be sentenced to only two years of internment.
The jail and the sheriff’s department are located at 1311 Tahoka Rd. Brownfield, Texas, 79316.
Terry County Jail Roster
The terry county jail roster can be used to look up information on people interned in the Terry County Jail. Here, you can find mugshots and information about detainees, including charges and booking dates and times.
The roster currently has 95 inmates on it. The roster does not go by alphabetical order by name. Instead, it uses booking numbers to organize the inmate list. Inmates are shown from the top to the bottom of the page. There are ten pages
Citizens wanting to access the Terry County roster can go to this link. This will provide information on any of the prisoners currently held in the Terry County Jail.
The Terry County Sheriff’s Department, which oversees the medium-security jail, has a webpage for its most wanted. It is organized from top to bottom, with mugshots of the county’s most wanted individuals.
The Department also has a crime tips and prevention page. The tips, pulled from the website, are as follows:
- Avoid confrontations with burglars.
- Lock all doors, even if you are at home.
- If you are leaving for vacation, make sure your house doesn’t look empty. Make it look like it is lived in. Activate timers for light switches, and order a temporary hold to newspaper and mail delivery, or ask a trusted neighbor or friend to pick up items delivered to your home daily.
- Do not throw away papers that have your personal information on them without tearing or shredding them.
- Guard your mail from being stolen. Remove mail from your box shortly after it has been delivered.
Keep Kids Safe
- Warn children about “stranger danger”
- Know who your kids are talking to on social networks such as Facebook.
These tips are provided to the public in an attempt to increase awareness of crime and crime safety. the Sheriff’s Department encourages citizens in the Terry County area to cooperate in ongoing investigations, stating that for a sheriff’s department to be effective, it must have the trust of its citizens.
Like with many institutions, inmates at the Terry County Jail can receive mail and packages. There are, however, some restrictions on these packages. The restrictions can be found below:
- Detainees may not receive staples. Staples are sharp objects that could be used to harm a prisoner’s own body or the bodies of others. Staples and other sharp objects are expressly banned from packages.
- Detainees may not receive cash payments. Sending money to inmates requires a money order.
- Detainees may not receive glitter or other sparkly particulate.
- Detainees may not receive crayons.
- Detainees may not receive paper clips.
These rules are in place to protect both inmates and employees at the jail. All mail is checked before being delivered to an inmate. Please make sure mail has the inmate’s name and inmate number on it. This is to ensure that the package reaches the inmate in a timely manner.
While the jail used to take visitation, it has canceled visitation hours due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This is to prevent the introduction of the COVID-19 virus into the prison. The press release which canceled visitation can be found here.
This may have been affected by the governor’s announced ‘reopening’ of the state. Contact the Sheriff’s department via phone for any more definite information on visitation.
The facility uses Paytel as their inmate telephone service to keep inmates in contact with people on the outside. Inmates can make collect calls from a selection of listed loved ones.
The jail, which is connected to the Sheriff’s department, has information about the fees it issues on its website. The fees are as follows:
- Subpoenas ….. $90.00
- Summons ….. $90.00
- Writ of Attachment ….. $190.00
- Writ of Garnishment ….. $190.00
- Writ of Sequestration ….. $190.00
- Orders of Sale ….. $190.00
- Writ of Possession ….. $190.00
- Forcible Detainer ….. $90.00
- Small Claims Citation ….. $90.00
- Justice Court Citation ….. $90.00
- All Other Courts’ Citations ….. $90.00
Other Service Fees:
- Temporary Restraining Order ….. $100.00
- Posting Written Notices in Public Places ….. $25.00
- Writ of Execution ….. $200.00
- Writ of Restitution ….. $190.00
- Writ of Injunction ….. $190.00
- Writ of Habeas Corpus ….. $190.00
- Sheriff’s Deeds ….. $125.00
- Notices ….. $90.00
The jail has a number of amenities. These amenities are as follows:
- Mental Health Care
- Dental Care
- Medical Care
- Education programs
The purpose of these programs is to provide prisoners with a base level of comfort while detained and to prepare them for their release.
Terry County Prison Statistics
Terry County Prison Admissions
|Asian Prison Admissions||-|
|Native Prison Admissions||-|
|Total Prison Admissions||60|
|Other Prison Admissions||-|
|White Prison Admissions||6|
|Latino Prison Admissions||46|
|Black Prison Admissions||8|
|Male Prison Admissions||-|
|Female Prison Admissions||-|
Terry County Prison Population
|Male Prison Population||118|
|Female Prison Population||8|
|Total Prison Population||126|
Terry County Prison Population By Race
|Asian Prison Population||-|
|Latino Prison Population||79|
|White Prison Population||24|
|Other Prison Population||-|
|Black Prison Population||23|
|Native Prison Population||-|
Terry County Jail Admissions By Race
|Native Jail Population||-|
|Asian Jail Population||-|
|Latino Jail Population||58|
|Black Jail Population||5|
|White Jail Population||17|
Terry County Jail Admissions
|Female Jail Population||7|
|Total Jail Admissions||1,122|
|Total Jail Population||77|
|Male Jail Population||73|
Terry County Pretrial Jail Population
|Female Pretrial Jail Population||3|
|Male Pretrial Jail Population||113|
|Pretrial Jail Population||65|
Terry County Jail Held Inmates
|Jail Population Held for State Prison||-|
|Jail Population Held for Federal Agencies||18|
|Jail Population Held for State Jail||15|
|Jail Population Held for Out-of-State Prison||-|
|Jail Population Held for Out-of-State Jail||-|
|Jail Population Held for ICE||-|
Terry County, Texas Warrants, Arrests
Terry County Arrest WarrantsTerry County Child Support Warrants
Terry County Arrest RecordsBrownfield Municipal Court Records
Terry County Most WantedTerry County Pistol Permits & Gun Licenses
Terry County Sheriff Website
Brownfield Municipal Court Records
Terry County Most Wanted